Conference on the need for coal removal in the Mátra region
The LIFE-IP North-HU-Trans project is developing a green vision for the sustainable fair transition of the Mátra power plant and its region. The aim of the conference is to show why a climate-friendly transformation of the entire carbon region is needed.
Poster exhibition: Astonishing solutions in the name of sustainability
How to get there:
Free parking is not available on site. We recommend the surrounding streets for parking, where it is also possible to park mobilely (Kossuth L. street, Egészségház street, Klapka u., Telekessy I. street) – or the underground garage of Agria Park (Eger, Törvényház út 4.), which is 550 m on foot. away, a 6-minute walk from the conference venue walk down the House of Justice. Route: https://goo.gl/maps/11XighXX7tresg3M9
By public transport:
– 500 m on foot from the bus station, 5 minutes. Route: https://goo.gl/maps/o4KRNdVcjCwzF9V1A
– 1300 m on foot from the train station, 16 minutes, or by bus 12 or 11 local bus 2 stops to the Theater stop, then 290 m on foot. Route: https://goo.gl/maps/XHoVdC8BPM3NwgFJA
– By local public transport: 8, 5, 5A, 5i local buses – University stop
Participation in the program is free, but registration is required. The maximum number of participants in the conference is 150. Applications can be accepted in the order of registration. The program is implemented in compliance with the current epidemiological regulations, so our event can be visited by presenting a protection certificate.
Please bring a mask to the conference.
Registration deadline: October 13, 2021.
- 10:30 - 11:00
- 11:00 - 11:05
- Welcome speech
- Dr. Pajtókné Dr. Ilona Tari - Rector of Károly Eszterházy Catholic University
- 11:05 - 11:10
- Opening thoughts
- Attila Steiner - State Secretary for the Development of the Circular Economy, Energy and Climate Policy of the Ministry of Innovation and Technology
- 11:10 - 11:30
- Integration of the LIFE-IP North-HU-Trans project with EU climate policy
- Dr. Barbara Botos - Deputy Secretary of State for Climate Action
- 11:30 - 12:00
- The planned technology transformation of the Mátra power plant
- Zoltán Orosz - development and project manager, MVM Mátra Energia Zrt.
- 12:00 - 12:20
- International experience in coal removal
- Csaba Vaszkó - project consultant
- 12:20 - 12:40
- Coffee break
- 12:40 - 13:10
- Roadmap for the Safe and Low Carbon Transformation of Hungary's Last Carbon Region
- Csaba Kiss - Deputy Chief Production Officer of MVM Zrt
- 13:10 - 13:30
- Social aspects of sustainability and environmental awareness
- Dr. László Dorner (assistant professor) - Faculty of Pedagogy, Institute of Psychology Károly Eszterházy Catholic University
- 13:30 - 13:50
- Formulation of an ecotourism approach to tourism investments in coal regions
- Dr. Ádám Gyurkó – Faculty of Economics, Institute of Economics | Dr. Tamás Misik (assistant professor) - Faculty of Science, Institute of Geography and Environmental Sciences - Károly Eszterházy Catholic University
- 13:50 - 14:00
- File Sándor - Secretary General of HKIK